If you’re a web developer and want or need an additional source of income, starting a reseller hosting business is an excellent idea. There are many hosting services: shared, VPS, and cloud, but only reseller hosting enables you to make money.
Before you decide whether to start a reseller hosting business, you must choose a reliable web hosting company that sells its server resources. Click here to learn more about unlimited reseller hosting, types of reseller packages, and the resources and features included in those deals.
A Simple Overview of Reseller Hosting
Reseller hosting is when a company or an individual purchases hosting resources from a parent web hosting company and then re-sells it as their own. The resources in the reseller plans include CPU, server bandwidth, RAM, and more. Using these resources, you can create hosting plans that you can offer to your clients. Depending on the purchased reseller hosting plan, you’ll be able to have any number of clients. And once you create your hosting plans, you can sell them at your desired price.
Starting a reseller hosting business is a great way to start your own web hosting company by investing minimal funds. Another thing that makes this hosting popular is that you’ll be able to offer various services to your clients, meaning you’re not limited to only one type of hosting. Setting up your prices is also a huge plus.
How To Choose The Best Reseller Hosting Provider?
Many web hosting companies offer reseller hosting, so how do you choose the right one? The most important thing to do is research before settling for a web hosting company. Look for specific features and details. Check what resources you’ll be getting.
Here are some things to look for when choosing a reseller hosting company:
- White Label Solutions: When a reseller offers white-label solutions, you’ll be able to use your branding with your clients. Also, look for a WHMCS, commonly known as Web Host Manager Complete Solution, a platform that enables you to send invoices and collect customer payments.
- Scalable Server Resources: Once the number of your client increases, you need to be able to scale your server resources, which is why you must choose a flexible company. If your host isn’t scalable, you would need to transition to another company, a time-consuming and expensive process.
- User-Friendly Control Panel: There’s nothing worse than having a control panel that is difficult to navigate. Choose a reseller provider with a user-friendly control panel to help you manage your services easily. The most common and popular reseller panels are Plesk and cPanel, and they offer excellent tools such as reseller-specific features, intuitive interfaces, and support.
- Customer Support: Always choose a reseller provider that offers 24/7 customer support. This is crucial because if you experience any problems, your clients will suffer, so you need to have the support that will help you solve the issue in no time.
- Automated Backups: If you somehow lose data, you must be able to restore a previous version. This feature will ensure that all the data is backed up, so you won’t lose valuable information.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Reseller Hosting
Reseller hosting is an excellent way to get additional income and has many advantages. On the other hand, it also has some drawbacks.
- Low Expenses and Costs: You don’t need to purchase any special equipment or technology to start your reseller hosting business. All you have to do is buy a reseller hosting package from a reliable web hosting company.
- Forget About Technicalities: The web hosting company that sold you the reseller hosting package is responsible for everything related to server maintenance, security, updates, and connectivity. You’ll be free to focus on your business and not worry about the technical aspects.
- Build Your Brand: With white-label reseller hosting, your clients will not know that you’re renting resources from another company, and you’ll be able to build your own identity.
- Additional Features: Some reseller hosting companies offer special features such as SSL certificates and cPanel free of charge.
- Limited Access To The Server: You must go through the web hosting provider for many things. Since you’ll depend on everything from your original web hosting company, you need to make sure that you choose a reliable one who can fix the technical issues in no time.
- Challenging Panels: If you don’t have any experience managing a business website, you might find the control panels difficult to manage.
Starting a reseller hosting business is a great way to earn additional income if you already work as a web developer or designer. It doesn’t require a lot of work, and it will make your business a one-stop solution for clients. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to start, but you need to focus on finding the most reliable reseller hosting provider to make the job easier.