For high-quality solid carbide tools like milling cutters, end mills, drills, or reamers, solid cemented carbide rods are frequently utilised. Additionally, it can be utilised for measuring, stamping, and cutting tools. It is utilised in the non-ferrous metal processing, paper, packaging, and printing sectors.
Carbide rods can be utilised for structural materials, input needles, other roll-worn parts, and drilling and cutting tools. Additionally, it has a wide range of applications in the manufacturing, chemical, petroleum, metallurgy, electronics, and defence industries.
Meetyou Carbide, a Chinese firm that specialises in tungsten carbide round bars and has an excellent product range of coolant and solid carbide rod, manufactures and stocks unground and ground carbide rod for you.
How to make tungsten carbide rods?
- Wet milling
When milling in alcohol, tungsten carbide powder is combined with cobalt powder and other additives to achieve consistent grain size and distribution.
- Blending pressing and drying binder
The primary pressing binder, such as paraffin wax, rubber, PEG, SBS, and others is used in the production of cemented carbide. Before pressing, the WC-Co combination material will be dried in the process.
- Pressing to rods
There are two ways to press, each with distinct benefits. The optimum method for pressing long rods between 300 and 330mm is through extrusion. The best technique to press short rods is with an automatic press.
- Drying shaped rods
It should first be dried naturally and then dried in the oven.
Sintered at a pressure of 6 MPa and above 1400 °C.
Hardness, TRS, metallographic, coercive force, density, etc. is all used in inspection.
How to select a tungsten carbide rod?
- MT09U – It comes with 9%Co and is ultra-fine grained WC. It has extremely high wear resistance as well as outstanding deformation resistance. It also has good cutting speed milling and finishing to use on plastics, fibre reinforced materials, hardened steel, HRC55-65
- MT10S – It comes with 10%Co and is ultra-fine grained WC. It has extremely high wear resistance as well as outstanding deformation resistance. It also has good cutting speed drilling and milling for common usage and appropriate for all types of materials below HRC45
- MT12S – It is submicron grained WC with high wear resistance and toughness. It is specially designed for use on nickel-based alloys, stainless steel, special alloy and titanium alloy.
- MT06U – It is submicron grained WC with amazingly high cutting speed for milling and drilling of PCB, ceramics, plastic composites, woods and MDF. It also has high wear resistance.
- MT25S – It is ultra-fine grained WC with very high wear resistance and toughness. It is suitable for and roughing and finishing processing of steels with hardness of 45 to 55HRC. It matches with surface treatments for nickel and its alloys
- MT20.8 – It is submicron grained WC with high toughness and strength. It also has commendable-speed punching for solid carbide punches
- YG6, YG8, YG6X
Cast iron, brass rods, hardwood, aluminium alloy profiles, and other materials can all be used with it.
It is used in the processing of a variety of materials, including hard wood, soft wood, ferrous metals, and non-ferrous metals.