IT professionals need to undertake different certifications from time to time, including the candidates aiming to pursue a career in this field. While the IT world has multiple specialized courses for various technologies, software languages, and tools, it all becomes a bit overwhelming for professionals to choose the suitable one. CompTIA A+ certification is specially created for such individuals.
The A+ certification is an every-level course and may serve as a starting point for most IT professionals. It imparts foundational knowledge, enabling the candidates to grasp concepts quickly. Moreover, the A+ certification recently underwent a complete makeover.
CompTIA A+ training has been updated to include and emphasize topics that are increasingly becoming important in today’s IT industry. It includes but is not limited to topics such as security, Linux, and so on.
CompTIA A+ certification covers a variety of topics that prove to be highly relevant for someone who intends to pursue a career in IT. It is intended to drive home the basic knowledge required by any person to queries with mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop computers. It enables an avid learner to troubleshoot security and networking issues on different devices working on various operating systems.
- The CompTIA A+ courses are curated to teach the learners how to configure operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Chrome, etc.
- They are taught how to troubleshoot issues and use best practices in their field.
- Configuration of mobile, PC and IoT hardware also comes under previews of this course.
- Learners get an idea about taking data backup as well.
- Network configurations such as TCP/IP, SOHO, and WIFI are covered in the course.
What it Entails:
In order to gain complete the CompTIA A+ certification, one has to pass two examinations:
- CompTIA A+ 220-901: This module deals with networking technology, mobile devices, cloud computing, hardware and network troubleshooting.
- CompTIA A+ 220-902: The scope of this module includes installation and configuration of OS (operating system), software troubleshooting and expanded security.
Details of the Exam:
The number of questions:
There are 90 MCQ (multiple choice questions) that are to be attempted.
One has to complete the test within 90 minutes.
Multiple Choice Questions
CompTIA A+ 220-901: 675 out of a total score of 900.
CompTIA A+ 220-902: One has to score 700 or more out of 900.
The certification’s validity is three years before the date of obtaining it. After three years, it can be renewed through CompTIA’s Continuing Education (CE) Programme. This certification needs at least 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) over this period of 3 years.
The Way Forward:
After earning this certification, one can go on to learn other CompTIA Courses or move on to vendor-specific certifications. Some of the courses pursued by people who have completed CompTIA A+ certification include:
- CompTIA Security+ certification (SY0-401);
- CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-006);
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2012: it consists of three exams: 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2016 there are three exams in this course: 70-740, 70-741, and 70-742
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching (two exams: ICND1 and ICND2)
This course often acts as a stepping stone for a person who has started his career in IT. An experienced candidate having CompTIA A+ certification can earn anywhere between $34k and $122K. Career roles that a holder of this certification can opt for include systems administrator, IT manager, network engineer, IT specialist, service technician, and so on.
Thus, though every level, the CompTIA A+ courses cannot be dismissed as irrelevant. On the contrary, this certification is a great way to kick start your career in IT. Learners will surely benefit from this course.