Google provide Gmail as a free email service. Gmail is similar to other email services. Through this, you can send and receive emails, create an address book, block spam, and do other common tasks. but it also has several qualities that help make it one of the most popular online email services.
In this blog, we will be providing the best ways to backup Gmail emails to a hard drive. We will explain both manual and professional methods but firstly we discuss the need for backup.
Reasons to Backup Gmail Account?
There are many reasons to back up your Gmail account some are listed below.
- Sometimes hackers get to access your Gmail account even after privacy. So many users back up their Gmail accounts to prevent hacking.
- In some cases, users delete the email by mistake and cannot recover it. So taking a backup of emails will be helpful.
- If by chance the computer or PC shut down unexpectedly.
- As you know Gmail is a cloud-based service to access this you need to good internet server.
Now we will discuss the complete process of the backup Gmail email.
How to Backup Gmail Emails?- Manually
If the user has the time and wants to perform it manually, they can try this method. Using the Google Takeout feature, you can archive Gmail content to the system location. To learn it, follow these steps.
- Visit https://www.google.com/account/about/?hl=en-US and sign in to your Google account to add your Gmail account.
- On the left panel of the opened page, click Data & personalization. On the right pane, you will see the description page. Click the highlighted arrow in the below image against Download your data under Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.
- In order to move only Gmail emails, select Deselect All and then Mail as highlighted. On the next page, click Next step.
- Using the drop-down menu, you can choose the export type, file type (.zip or .tgz), archive size (1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 10GB or 50GB), etc. Select the Create Archive option.
- Archiving will begin and it may take hours or days to complete.
As you see this process takes a long time and you need to wait a long to complete the process. Just like that, there are many limitations in the manual method we will discuss in the below section.
Limitation Of Manual Method
- Time is spent on this process.
- There is no guarantee that the entire data will be backed up.
- All selected emails cannot be archived.
- Technical knowledge is a must.
As we discussed manual method has many drawbacks so now we will discuss the third-party solution which is the best solution to backup Gmail Emails to a Hard Drive.
Backup Gmail Emails to a Hard Drive – Professionally
CloudMigration Gmail Backup Tool is one of the best tool to back up Gmail Emails to a Hard drive. This is a very reliable tool to back up Gmail emails to a Hard Drive in many file formats such as PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, etc. moreover it also migrates Gmail to other email clients. Like:- Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail, Thunderbird Mail, Office 365 Email, etc. This tool has many advanced features. To know about the all features download its free demo version.
Advantages of Gmail Backup Tool
- The Gmail backup tool provides a fast, secure, and easy-to-use process for backing up Gmail.
- When the conversion process is complete, this tool automatically freezes your Gmail server space.
- With this tool, you can easily store Gmail data with all its attachments on your system.
- The Gmail backup tool can store data more efficiently by using the naming convention feature.
- This tool allows you to filter unwanted emails after opting for the mail filter option.
- There is a demo version of the software available on the website that allows you to take a backup of 50 first emails of Gmail for free.
In this blog, we discussed the importance of backup Gmail Emails to a Hard Drive and the method of saving Gmail emails to the hard drive So you can opt for any method which is suitable for you but we recommended a professional method to save your time.