Roku is at times experiencing errors such as the Roku error code 0033. There are some reasons though which is why you are facing this issue. This is the error that you can face when you are updating the Roku application.
There are times when the internet connection is very poor that can also result in this issue. At times the server is also down which can also result in an error. There are some messages that you are going to get when you face this error such as being unable to update the software.
If you are also facing this issue, then there are some steps that you need to follow:
- See if the Roku is down or not.
- Switch to the TKIP
- Use the Wired network
- Allow the Roku through the firewall.
See if the Roku is down:
There are some things that you are going to later on in the article that will rectify this issue and the first thing that you need to do is to make sure that the Roku is not down. Well, what you can do is use the website down detector, and then make sure if the website is down or not.
If you see that the server is down or might have been under maintenance, then you have to wait so that it can be fixed. There are at times when it will take hours or days, so you need to keep on checking when you are streaming.
Switch to the TKIP:
Sometimes the Rokis is not compatible with the AES but it is going to work perfectly with the AES. So what you need to do is to make sure that your security options are not set to WPAK2-PSK (AES).
Well, in order to do that, there are some steps that you can follow.
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the Router’s settings. One of the easiest ways to do this is by pasting one of these IP addresses which are 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, 10.0.1.1, 10.0.0.1, 10.10.1.1. This needs to be done in the browser’s search bar.
- Then you need to go to the security tab and change all the security options WPAK2-PSK (TKIP).
- Now you need to close the settings and then restart the device.
Now you need to check if the issue is fixed or not.
Use the wired network:
Roku or any other streaming network is going to work better with the wired network as compared with the wireless network. Well, setting up the connection is very easy, well you just have to take an ethernet cable, plug it on one end into the router and the other end must be in the device on which you are streaming.
After that, I will try updating the Roku and well, it is going to work this time. If not, then you must get into the next step.
Allow the Roku from the firewall:
When you are using the Roku on a windows device and are facing the issue, then you need to try and allow the Roku through the firewall and then see if such an issue is there or not. In order to do that, you need to follow the given steps in order to do the same.
- Open the settings by pressing WINDOWS+I button.
- After that click on the update and security and then select the option of windows security.
- Then go to the firewall and network protection and then allow the app through the firewall.
- Then you need to click on the change settings and then allow the Roku through the current network.
After that restart the computer and then see if the issue is still there or not.
Sign in again:
Another thing that you can try is to sign in and sign out nack in the Roku account. What you need to do is to start from scratch and make sure that you are putting in the right credentials.
You can also change your password and see if that works for you or not.
Clear the cache:
There are times when signing in and out are not just enough and what you need to do is to start again. Make sure that you are clearing the cache and then see if the issue is still there or not.
In order to do that you need to do that, you need to go to the settings, then select the application option, and then clear the cache. This is going to resolve the issue for you. If you are still facing the Error code 0033 on Roku, then the issue is not getting resolved by you.
What you can do is get in touch with our experts. They will provide you with the best solutions for Roku Error 0033.