Are you having issues while repair a corrupted Outlook PST file? Is there a message on the screen that says Outlook can’t open the data file? It’s possible that your email client is requesting that Outlook.pst be repaired. If you have an issue with PST files, you may lose data in your inbox or have trouble opening Outlook in general. It can happen in any version of Outlook, including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and Outlook for Microsoft 365. Not only that but there’s more! You might have a similar problem with different notification messages in Outlook, such as.
The Outlook PST file could not open.
Outlook is unable to open the folders.
We understand your desire to find a solution to the situation! However, before you begin troubleshooting, you must first understand what causes Outlook PST file corruption.
To see what I’m talking about, scroll down…or use the PST repair tool a best and easy Method.
What causes Outlook.pst Files to get Corrupted?
The data storage device may have failed–possible It’s that your device’s storage has some defective sectors, and the Outlook.pst file is only store in those sectors. Although there’s a good chance PST files won’t open and will need to be repaired.
PST saves by default in network servers, although this can change. You frequently try to connect to them using a client PC or a network connection. In the event that one of the networking devices fails. The outlook.pst problem and PST remote access with a malformed file will then be triggered.
Malware or virus infiltration – PCs and gadgets are constantly vulnerable to virus or malware attacks, which can affect the operation of PST files. Because of this, the outlook.pst files are frequently inaccessible. As a result, it’s always a good idea to have an authenticat anti-virus program install on your computer.
Careless or sudden Outlook shutdown — Outlook should be shut down in a certain and specified manner; failing to do so may cause the PST files to be corrupted, forcing you to read this Outlook blog post.
Other factors are…
PST files that are larger than 2GB.
A power outage occurred unexpectedly.
Outlook.pst Repair Troubleshooting Steps
For Outlook.pst repair, you can utilize Microsoft in-house to repair a corrupted Outlook PST file, also known as SCANPST.EXE. It aids in the diagnosis of the mistake and determines whether the Outlook data files are in excellent condition. Are you concern that the Inbox Repair Tool will spy on your Exchange mailbox? Don’t be concern! Any data kept in Outlook is never analyze. It merely looks for mistakes and takes the necessary actions to correct them. They’re like this:
- To begin, exit Outlook and go to the file path location listed below for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
- C:Program Files (x86)
- root Microsoft Office
- 16th, 15th, 14th, and 12th offices
- You can now open the Inbox Repair Tool by double-clicking on SCANPST.
- To begin scanning, press the Start button.
- You will see a report on your screen once the scanning is complete.
- Before fixing, make sure to check the box next to Make a backup of the scan file. You can rename the backup file to make it easier to find.
- Then press the Repair button.
- Wait a few moments for the repair to complete, then look at the screen for the Repair complete notification.
- You can then import the files into Outlook or restart Outlook to see if the issue has been repaired.
Where can I Find Outlook Data Files (.pst)?
The steps to check the location of the Outlook Data File in Outlook are outline below. The following are the details:
- To begin, open Outlook.
- Account Settings can be found under the File tab.
- You may also see a list of all Outlook Data File (.pst) or Offline Data File (.ost) files, as well as their related accounts, on the Data File tab.
- Hopefully, these procedures assisted you in repairing Outlook.pst. Some users, however, have noticed problems with.ost files, or Offline Outlook Data files. Don’t worry, we’ve got you cover in the section below.
Repair a Corrupted Outlook PST File: A Step-by-Step Guide (.ost file)
- Close the Outlook email program.
- Go to your computer’s Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Mail.
- When the Mail Setup windows appear, select Show Profiles from the drop-down menu.
- Now you must select the profile that is causing you problems. You might perceive it as Outlook by default.
- Click the Properties button as well.
- Select Email Account from the drop-down menu and select the Data Files tab.
- On the top menu bar, select Open File Location.
- Account Settings, Mail Setup, and Mail all have a Close button.
- Simply right-click on the.ost file (the one that’s causing you problems) and select Delete.
- After you’ve completed these steps, open Outlook on your desktop and try to recreate the.ost file you need to repair.
Experts of Outlook will Repair your Outlook.pst File.
After you’ve completed how to repair a corrupt Outlook PST file, follow the instructions below to identify the Outlook Data File. In addition, we’ve discuss how to fix an Outlook.ost file (Offline Outlook Data File). If you are still having difficulties fixing your Outlook files, please contact our Outlook Technical Support team. Despite this, we continue to deal with Outlook issues for our clients and provide the best solution possible. Please contact us as soon as possible to rectify the issue.