Do you want to try Java programming without any hassle to download the software on the system? If yes, we have listed the 10 best online Java compilers for you.
As a programmer, there is a constant requirement for an IDE or editor for writing Java codes and working with the libraries.
Larger applications may have a lot of library files and classes. These files are quite difficult to debug. Therefore, the need for an IDE arises.
With more advancements in Technology, online compilers are developed so that you can now write the code without downloading any software. This makes your work easier by reducing the maintenance of the software.
Online Java compilers have been in the market for a long time now and are available in abundance. For people who are new to it, it can be confusing to choose the best one.
So, before you choose a Java compiler for you, do not forget to check this list of the best online Java compilers.
Best Online Java Compilers
- Coding Ninjas
Coding Ninjas is the most popular Java Online Compiler because of its compatibility with mobile devices. The compiler has an auto-correction feature which will ultimately save a lot of your time. Moreover, it starts compiling the code immediately when you start writing it.
- It supports up to 76 languages.
- It offers an interactive mode.
- The interface is quite easy to use.
- The auto-code suggestion is not provided in the compiler.
- The basic version of the Java IDE only supports one file at a time.
JDoodle is one of the popular Java compilers available. This compiler offers a 3-way split view. In this, you can write a code, check the output and enter command line arguments. Not only this, but after creating an account on the platform, you can also share and save the code.
- The compiler is compatible with mobile devices.
- There is a syntax highlighter available.
- The tool enables you to share your code in the form of an HTML snippet or URL.
- You will not find any UI themes.
- The tool supports Java 9 but does not support Java 9 modules.
The next online Java compiler recommended is CodeChef. This compiler supports different languages including C, C++, Java, and Python. There are also some beneficial lessons added to the interface to give a better idea of how the compiler works. It also contains lessons related to the programming language for both freshers and experts.
- You can easily download, open, and edit the source files.
- You can also change the font size as per your requirements.
- The tool lacks in certain operations including creating operations and files.
- It may sometimes seem more of a learning platform.
The OneCompiler is an online Java compiler that operates on the Java TLS version. The tool allows you to run, distribute and build java code for free. The platform also provides you with Gradle’s dependency management feature.
- The platform is quite fast and you may feel that you are running the code on your local machine.
- There is an auto-code suggestion feature available.
- It is Compatible with 60+ languages.
- There are no command-line arguments present.
This platform was originally a Regular Expression Tester. Now, this platform is used mainly as an online IDE. Here, you can choose an editor according to your needs. Different themes are available and you can switch between the same.
- You can add the input in the TEXT format.
- The platform offers you different layouts and editors.
- No features are provided to download or create your projects.
This online Java compiler allows you to compile and debug code in 40+ languages. It also provides you with advanced features like source code downloading, syntax highlighting, and changing the access of your code.
- It supports 40+ languages.
- Syntax highlighting feature is available.
- Code compilation seems a bit slow.
- It displays the output in a separate tab.
If you are looking for a reliable and fast online Java compiler, this is the one. This is a free IDE that you can use to compile, run and create your Java code.
- The interface is quite easy to use.
- It also supports keyboard shortcuts.
- The platform also provides auto-code suggestions.
- The platform does not allow you to run your files and projects.
Another online compiler that you can use to run and debug java codes is Replit. This is also an online Python compiler as it supports more than 50 languages. So, no matter which language you are working on, this compiler will be useful for you. The platform also allows you to include third-party libraries, Jar files, and frameworks.
- It offers a debugger to check faults quickly.
- There is a 3-way split view available.
- The IDE is quite lightweight and offers almost all the required functionalities.
- You can not work on your projects.
- It has a complex interface.
This online Java compiler comes up with an in-built debugger. The platform is quite famous among developers and it is a great platform if you have to write complex codes. In Online GDB as well, you can see the intermediate variables.
- You can use the interactive terminal or a text file to enter the input.
- It features a split view.
- The platform only supports Java8.
- The compilation process is quite slower than other compilers.
Browse is another free online Java compiler, editor, and installer for developing Java applications. The Browxy compiler enables you to change the text size and theme according to your needs. It is among the most user-friendly compilers. It also provides you with a split view of the output and the code.
- The platform is compatible with all Java libraries.
- There is an in-built debugger provided.
- It also allows test runs.
- Auto-code feature is not supported.
Using an online Java compiler is a great decision if you are figuring out how to code in Java. Most compilers also support multiple other languages.
So, you can also switch between languages on the compiler without downloading different software for the same.